Established in 2004, the Institute of Advanced Studies at the University of Surrey (IAS) sponsors workshops on interdisciplinary topics suggested by Surrey staff at the 'cutting edge' of science, engineering, social science and the humanities. Through this scheme the Institute fosters interdisciplinary collaborations and encourages a flow of international scholars to visit, enjoy their stay at Surrey and leave behind excellent ideas and innovations. Over the years our events have resulted in many research grants, new collaborations, journal articles and books, as well as much good will from all over the world. We would like to thank the University of Surrey for its ongoing support.
Professor Nigel Gilbert
- Research Methods for Digital Work: Innovative Methods for Studying Distributed and Multi-Modal Working Practices25 MAY - 26 MAY 2017
- Chronic Stroke Rehabilitation: Exploring Technology and Neuromodulation Across Domains26 JUNE - 26 JUNE 2017
- Hybrid Human-Machine Computing (HHMC): From Human Computation to Social Computing and Beyond20 SEPTEMBER - 21 SEPTEMBER 2017
- Mobile Diagnosis, Treatment and Avoidance of Eye Diseases Outside of Mainstream Health-care Systems05 OCTOBER - 06 OCTOBER 2017
- Writing About Contemporary Artists: Challenges, Practices and Complexities20 OCTOBER - 22 OCTOBER 2017