Established in 2004, the Institute of Advanced Studies at the University of Surrey (IAS) sponsors workshops on interdisciplinary topics suggested by Surrey staff at the 'cutting edge' of science, engineering, social science and the humanities. Through this scheme the Institute fosters interdisciplinary collaborations and encourages a flow of international scholars to visit, enjoy their stay at Surrey and leave behind excellent ideas and innovations. Over the years our events have resulted in many research grants, new collaborations, journal articles and books, as well as much good will from all over the world. We would like to thank the University of Surrey for its ongoing support.
Professor Nigel Gilbert
- Law, Ethics and Quantum Theory07 JULY - 08 JULY 2016
- Too Cute to Kill? From the Depiction of Animals in Children’s Literature to the Framing of Government Policy by Adults21 JULY - 22 JULY 2016
- Nutrition Economics: Advancing the Research Agenda19 SEPTEMBER - 20 SEPTEMBER 2016
- After the Recognition of Intersex Human Rights23 SEPTEMBER - 24 SEPTEMBER 2016
- Innovative Methods for Studying Distributed and Multi-Modal Working Practices25 MAY - 26 MAY 2017